Thursday, April 30, 2015

Z is for Zoinks!

     I'm almost positive I spelled that wrong and this has nothing to do with Scooby-Doo or Velma.

     Remember when I was talking about nightmares back for my W post? I had a nightmare about my dad kidnapping me so I briefly discussed why I think nightmares happen.

     Well, today, I took myself to lunch before work. I had my earbuds in, music blasting, and food in my hands when I walked past all of the full tables and to the half wall. I looked up to see what seats were available.

     And made eye contact with eyes so identical to my dad's, that I almost dropped my food and started to panic. He didn't react, just stared at me because I was staring at him. I sat down.

     Then I sneakily took pictures to send to people to see if I lost my mind.

Mom: Wow. Okay. That's a shock. Shit.

Blog Mom: Oh. That's scary.

Aunt: Better you than me but holy shit. 

Sister: wow wait what the heck :0

Brother: holy shit

Princess: Breath. It's not him. Holy hell it looks like him but it's not.

Coworker (who checked on me twice after clocking out): Holy...oh my...what... If I see him, you're going to the back.

     So yeah, that happened. I worked in the back for over an hour just to clear my head considering I was shaking. I'm okay now, but my goodness today was stressful.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the #AtoZChallenge!

    --Mee (The Chinese Quest)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be incredibly creepy, especially because you can't say anything. I mean, how do you tell a stranger "Sorry, but I mistook you for my dad for a second" without coming across like a nutcase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Oh, sorry, I thought you were my dad."

      "Sorry, I thought you might have been the person to impregnate my mother 22 years ago."

      "Sorry, I thought you were some psychopath I know."

      There's just not a good way to say it.

      Delete
  3. Hello there.
    That scenario would unnerve me too!
    Congratulations on surviving the A-Z Challenge! I didn't get to visit your blog during the crazy month of April so I'm popping over today from the Road Trip.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Talk about a long roadtrip! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete