Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hamster

     This is my hamster.



     His name his Cashew.


     This is how he got his name.


     He's smart but he's also kind of dumb because he sleeps under his water bottle.


     He doesn't bite unless you smell like food, but he does chew his cage like crazy. He's not very good at using his ball and doesn't really go anywhere, but he'll run right in when he has the chance. He has already shit on me, the bed, and the floor. He's very active when he's awake but that makes him more fun to play with.

     You can follow my Twitter for more hamster pictures and updates because I'm kind of obsessed with him.

     Can we all just give my boyfriend a round of applause, a high five, and a cookie for the best birthday present ever this year? Like, guys, for real. He did good.

14 comments:

  1. Ya done good, boyfriend. Thank you for making Blog Child happy. Franklin thinks it would be fun to play with Cashew, and he promises he wouldn't hurt the little fur ball. Franklin is very gentle and has never chased anything that's wandered into our backyard. He simply stares in amazement.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Cashew would probably like Franklin. I think they could be good friends. I don't think we could trust them alone together though. They might try to throw a party.

      Love,
      Rachel

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He's also insane, apparently. He jumped off my hand last night before I could grab him without squeezing him. My boyfriend said he's also jumped off of our living room table a couple of times too.

      Delete
  3. Cashew is adorable - even if he isn't smart. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's cute, dumb, and insane. I explained above to Kianwi/Kinley Dane.

      Delete
  4. That's a pretty damn cool present. Does he scream? My wife used to have a hamster when she was young. She'd toss him up lightly in the air and apparently he'd scream, just a faint little EEEEEE. 8 year old her thought it was hilarious. Admittedly, 31 year old me thinks that sounds pretty damn funny too (as long as he's okay of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will angrily hiccup at you if you piss him off enough but I haven't thrown him yet to test for the EEE.

      Delete
  5. Hi cashew!! You're super cute and it does look like the bf did good. Happy birthday, girl! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete