Friday, April 8, 2016

G is for Good Things

     With all the negativity going on in my brain right now, I thought it might be useful to make a list of some of the things that are good in my life.

     My boyfriend and I have a big date planned for next week. It'll be the first big date since moving here, even though we've had a bunch of tiny dates.

     My hamster is still alive, which makes me very proud. He is huge though. Twice the size of a normal hamster, apparently.

     My aunts, who I only got back in touch with a year and a half ago, are finally doing really well and have a lot of good things going on.

     My Godson took his first steps a couple weeks ago and I am not at all ready for this.

     My mom has a second interview at a job she could really use right now. (Prayers, good vibes, or just a nice thought would be strongly appreciated for her, if you have a spare moment.)

     My friends. I'm not even gonna attempt to list all you fuckers. You know who you are.

     The fact that I'm still here today when I've wanted to give up so many times. I made it this far so I might as well keep going.

      What are the good things in your life right now?

10 comments:

  1. You go, girl! Great job listing out the positives. My hubby and I took a day to walk around the San Antonio Riverwalk yesterday. The weather was glorious, lunch was great, but best of all was his company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listing the good is good for everyone.

    • Married to a wonderful woman
    • Finally started my book
    • My job provides me with three day weekends every week
    • I just found a doctor here


    The list could go on and on if I pursued it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the good things in my life is YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And YOU are one of the good things in my life!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry I haven't been around. I continue to adjust to new medications. I'm doing better. Good stuff in my life: 1. YOU 2. Penelope sleeps with me every night and acts as a little heating pad on my lower back. 3. Franklin sleeps on the floor next to the bed. If I awake and put out my hand, he comes to me immediately. What a comfort. 4. My son has a new job. 5. My new doctor listens to me and is trying to get the best possible medications for me even though he has to fight the insurance company to prescribe some meds that aren't yet available in generic form. 6. Our weather has been ideal lately. 7. My son has spent a lot of time with me during the last few weeks.

    I shall continue to pray for your mom. I look forward to hearing about your big date. It looks as if Willy Dunne Wooters will spend Sunday with me. He's been even busier than usual for the past month.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of the good things in my life too. I love you, so much, and I'm so happy that you have so many good things to list.

      We'll need to have a phone chat soon so we can get all caught up.

      Love,
      Rachel

      Delete
  5. Only about two more weeks of college before four months off! That's what's good, haha. Prayers sent for your mother. Good luck with keeping up with your Godson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I hope you enjoy your four months vacation!

      Delete