Wednesday, April 13, 2016

K is for Kids

     Today, I witnessed a 6-7 year old girl have the biggest melt down I have ever witnessed in my store.

     She was screaming, yelling, crying, begging, pleading, running around, jumping, throwing shit, and even slapped her younger brother across the face.

      All because she wanted M&M's.

     I witnessed four other kids who all started trashing my store and running around like it was a play ground, two who left their parent in the store across the way when the oldest was five and the youngest was in a stroller, and upwards of five screaming kids throughout the mall. Just today alone.

     Like, I understand parenting is one of the hardest jobs in the world and I respect anyone who chooses to raise a child. However, if you're letting your kid destroy everything in sight, ruin other people's experience, or generally cause a scene, then I have no respect for you.

      My mom would have dragged me out of that store so fast and sat my ass in a corner until I lost my mind from boredom. She never tolerated me to be a shithead and I'm a much better person today because of it.

     You don't have to spank your child, but my God, at least speak up and tell them when even Satan's kids are better behaved than they are.

9 comments:

  1. Tell you what, you're fighting a losing battle expecting half the population to cop on! Since kids have been brainwashed into the belief that they can report parents to child welfare, for merely looking at them skew, all control has been lost!
    We have quite a few grandchildren... when they get together at our place I see the results of child mismanagement. A few only know about themselves and their wants... "I want... I want... "
    They are also the ones that cause the most trouble! My good lady has now even gone as far as to forbid me from addressing the issues with the children and their parents, supposedly for the sake of keeping the peace!
    I ask you... in my own house I must be dictated to by the unruly behaviour of a few 6 to 9 year olds!!
    AJ at Ouch My Back Hurts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandma has said before, "I love all of my grand babies but Rachel is the only one I actually can handle being around. The others cause so much stress that I dread it, but I would move the earth for all of them."

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't have put up with trash like that from my kids, but they knew better than to act like shitty monsters. I've talked to employees at stores in malls who told me that parents would leave their kids in the store, assuming the employees would babysit for them. If someone abandoned a kid around me, I'd call Child Welfare. Fucking morons.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to call security muliple times and it's almost entirely been because of children and their parents (or lack there of). I have barely any patience to begin with but little shitheads like that just grind on my last working nerve. With a knife.

      Love,
      Rachel

      Delete
  3. Parenting is a difficult job, but it's not the monstrous job people like to pretend it is. I never had those issues with my kids because I raised them better.

    A child throwing a fit over not getting something only does so because they have learned that sometimes it works and they get their way. I don't know why the parents would expect any different behavior. Although, some don't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that some kids are very good at manipulating their parents, even when the kids become adults.

      Delete
    2. Some kids are just plain psychopaths, but the majority of bratty kids are just that, brats. They'll grow up to be angry, spiteful, and entitled. It's sad because they're parents aren't helping them learn to love and respect others.

      Delete
  4. My kids were perfect--but I imagine those parents think theirs are, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was far from perfect but my mom still says she was lucky with me. I highly doubt her.

      Delete