Thursday, April 14, 2016

L is for Lies

     One thing I'm accused of is lying, which is ironic, considering that's the one thing I don't do. But the most ironic part is I'm never accused of lying from the weird ass stories I have about my life. I'm accused of lying when I tell somebody how much I love them.

     If I say you're beautiful, I mean it. Just because you don't see your beauty doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't see it.

     If I say you're kind, I mean it. You may think you're just being a decent person, but your heart is made of gold and the fact that you're trying to make other people feel comfortable is amazing.

     If I say I'm jealous of something about you, I mean it. I spent years of my life not admitting when I was jealous and instead I would be angry, so now I try my best to own up to it and respect that you have something that I don't, because that's perfectly fine.

     If I say I'm worried about you, I mean it. Do you honestly think I'm gonna pretend I care and then just abandon you? No bitch. If I'm worried, it's because I can't stand the thought of losing you.

     If I say I won't judge you, I mean it. You can tell me literally anything and I won't judge you. I may not agree with your decision but I'll respect it and stand by you, no matter what.

     If I say I love you, I mean it. I've learned to stop wasting time saying I love people just to keep the peace. And let me tell you, it is hard to get to the place where I love you with my whole heart. But my God, I love you.

     Dedicated to Momma, my boyfriend, Blog Mama, Princess Jillian, and Megan.

8 comments:

  1. Outright honesty from more people would do a lot of good for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a loverly L post. I've never thought you lied about anything. You say you love me. I say I love you. That's that. I wish nothing but the best for you, particularly when it comes to love.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish only the best for you too, Mama.

      Love,
      Rachel

      Delete
  3. This is a really beautiful post. I think many of us struggle with believing the kind things people say about us. Perhaps we should all post these thoughts - both in regard to the things we say and the things we hear.

    ReplyDelete