Friday, April 15, 2016

M is for My Momma's Cookbook

     WE FINALLY HAVE A TITLE.

     I accidentally named the cook book when I started Tweeting with the hashtag #buymymommascookbook. It just kind of stuck after that, so it's not really an interesting story on how it got its name.

     But!

     We now have an instagram where you can see some pictures of some items that will be in the book. If you wanted to check that out, it's @mymommascookbook and then the email for cook book only things is mymommascookbook@yahoo.com. (If you need to email me personally, it's pertinax_puella@hotmail.com so please make sure you're emailing the right place.)

     The book will be out by the end of this year. We aren't announcing exactly when yet, purely because we aren't sure. There's been a lot of shit happening behind the scenes that has made it difficult on all ends. I was personally hoping for her birthday, but I highly doubt that will happen, so I won't say when that is.

     The plan, as of now, is that when the book is finally edited, we will hold a contest. The prize will be a free copy of the book and maybe something like an Amazon gift card or some other thing, we haven't decided yet, that will start during a cover reveal and will end on the actual release date.

     We also need about ten more bloggers to receive a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. If you've already volunteered, feel free to remind me, but I do have all the comments saved from the original announcement.

     And! We will be holding multiple contests after the book is released, for various prizes! Some ideas we have come up with are best recreation of one of the dishes, most creative recreation, or best comments on specific things. All will be revealed when the time comes, but it's time to get hyped up because that time is coming pretty fast.

     I cannot wait.

8 comments:

  1. I would ask for a free copy but I don't cook anymore--good luck with the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to do a book review! You can email me at jennifer@jenniferwilliamsfields.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the cook in our family. I'll do a review if you still need people.
    A MAN'S PERSPECTIVE

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're still looking for bloggers, I would love to do a review. I'm a terrible cook so I'd be interested to see how easily I can follow directions and made it edible. Vapidvixen@gmai.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like the perfect person to do a review!

      Delete