Thursday, April 21, 2016

R is for Rest In Peace

     After yesterday, I have some explaining to do.

     Around 11:30 am yesterday, my mom called me while I was at work. I don't make or take personal calls while on the clock unless it's important.

     My step-great-grandfather on her side had just passed. We didn't know him well so we are not really grieving, but we are still saddened.

     My great-grandma has late stage Alzeheimers and Great-Grandpa wanted to be alive to see her cared her in a good home, have her will come true, and be sure her wish of donating her body to science came to be. He never wished death on her but he simply wanted to be sure that her last days, despite having an awful illness, were spent being cared for.

     My Grandma and Grandpa now have to make arrangements for Great-Grandma. She will be in wonderful hands because you could not ask for more loving people. But the fact is, it's horribly sad. It's kind of a shock as well. We knew he wasn't very healthy but we never knew how bad it really was.

     Around 7:30 pm, my mom contacted me again, while I was at home. We had a neighbor where we lived/she worked for about 7 or 8 years. I only met him a few times and he was a very lonely man, but always nice. He also passed.

     I don't know if he has any family. If he did, I'm not sure that they were close. He seemed to be more content alone, which is perfectly fine, but I would hate for him to be forgotten.

     Thank you to everyone who reached out to me, especially Mama Janie. I'm okay. It's just a lot to take in all at once and I'm trying to figure out how to best support my family and best honor the memory of two kind people.

     If you could, I'd like to ask again for good thoughts/vibes/prayers for everyone involved.

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes the death of people around you comes in multiples, and it leave you in a state of the blues. Blessing to those who have lost loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Its bad enough when it's one death, but multiples is just a shock!

      Delete
  2. Man, this year has really sucked that way. In my prayers as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2012 just had a ton of natural disasters and 2016 has death everywhere. I don't understand why.

      Delete
  3. We're both really sorry to hear this, and you can bet that you're in both of our prayers. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete