Saturday, April 23, 2016

T is for Things

     Have you ever stopped and wondered what things you actually care about? If you were stranded on an island, what would you have?

     Every time somebody asks me what I want for my birthday or Christmas, I never know what to tell them.

     I've come to realize that I don't care about items. I'm very sentimental and once you give it to me, I'll love it forever, but I don't want anyone to go and spend money on me.

     I would rather we create memories together. Spend time together, get some food, take a ton of stupid selfies.

     Life is supposed to be fun, not spent wondering when you can get more things that'll you'll never even use.

8 comments:

  1. This has to be one of the wisest posts I've ever read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I love the island question. I’ll give it a quick go … if there were only three things I could take I would bring my cat, a pen, and a journal. Sadly I care more about my cat than my own family even though mine are pretty nice. Back in the day when I was younger I was obsessed with yugioh cards, so my aunts and uncles always bought me those. They were always like “nothing more than $10 Anthony” cheapskates lol, I’m a greedy bastard lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My answer would be "A cell phone, a map, and a fucking boat". lmao Mostly because I'm not trying to spend my life on an island where there are most likely large spiders and other things that would like to eat me.

      Delete
  3. My daughter was the same way, even when she was quite young. She rarely asked for anything. As she grew older, she wanted something expensive but wise: a good education. I love to give gifts, especially when I know it's something the person wants. For Christmas, I gave my son a set of Velvet Underground albums. One has a cover designed by Andy Warhol. He didn't ask for them, but I knew he'd treasure them. I adore my gifts from you.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such a huge heart. I'm glad you like your presents. I wish I could do more for you. You deserve to be spoiled.

      Love,
      Rachel

      Delete
  4. I've been living the mantra of spend your money on experiences rather than items. It makes for a much happier life.

    It's one of the reasons I'll be in Turkey in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exciting. I completely agree that experiences are better than items too.

      Delete