Sunday, January 22, 2017

My New Project

Wow, it's been a while. Like... almost 7 months?

I've been gone for far too long but I've needed to get my life in order and fix myself, and a lot of other things in my life. I'm not going into that right now because I'm announcing two things:

1) I'm back, bitches.

2) I'll be posting every single day starting February first.

Why the hell am I gonna post every day when I couldn't even do every week the last...several years?

Because I'm going to challenge myself. I'll know I need a new post up every day at midnight and I'm giving myself time to start writing and planning. 

But there's a catch:

With everything going on in the world (you know, Orange Hitler becoming the president), I don't want to fall back into/stay in the negative/depressed/anxiety filled hole I've been in. And all be damned if I throw sad and angry posts out there to affect other people.

Every single post will end on a positive note, no matter how bad the topic was. I will turn it around and force myself to find something positive to say.

I don't know who's still reading. Momma? Mama Janie? But I hope y'all will welcome me back instead of rolling your eyes and thinking I've done lost my mind.

So today's positive thought: I'm back and I'm not going away.

16 comments:

  1. Rolling our eyes and telling you that you done lost yer damn mind isn't really our style. Or our verbiage. So we'll just welcome you back. Welcome back! We're looking forward to these positive posts. We're so damn sick of all the negativity*.

    *sorry to be negative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, boys! It's okay if you're negative because I'm here to be positive!

      Delete
  2. Seeing the positive is a good thing sometimes not easy to do though but worth the try, I am pleased to see you're back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've always been a pessimistic person, but I'm going to find a way to turn it around and be happier.

      Delete
  3. I'm here, blog child, and I'll be reading what you write. I'm always here when you need me.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a "post every day" thing, I think a year or two ago, probably around January, because it felt very "resolutiony". I got fed up with my boringness after a month or two, and quit. HOWEVER, it was a good exercise, and I don't regret it.

    Wil Wheaton (at www.wilwheaton.net) JUST completed just over a month of daily blogging and found that it was good, bad, and ugly/indifferent, so he has quit as well. But he recognized that it was a good experiment, and he doesn't regret it.

    So now that you've gained at least one new #TheBloggessTribe follower, know that you have also gained a new commenter (I get off on that shit). So expect to hear from me almost daily, if you post daily. You'll do it until you get bored, and that'll be fine. If you never get bored, then you'll be the most prolific blogger of 2017, which should at LEAST garner some kinda blogging award, right? :)

    Peace out. I look forward to the next month here. Especially since FB and Twitter are probably going to be dumpster fires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard!

      I have no clue how long I plan on doing this whole every day thing, but I figure either until I get bored or burn out. Since I haven't been writing at all, much less blogging, I figure the best way to get back on the horse is a running leap and hoping for the best.

      You're more than welcome to hide here from all the dumpster fires. Lord knows I will be. ✌️

      Delete
  5. I always love reading your posts Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! It's so good to see you. I like your idea to end each post with something uplifting. Good luck with your challenge to post every day!

    ReplyDelete