Friday, February 17, 2017

Dear Person That's Struggling

This post is partially inspired by Organized Dysfunction  and partially because I know two wonderful people who are going through horrible times right now. I won't post their situations here but I do ask that you send good thoughts/prayers/vibes/whatever it is you do.

Dear person that's struggling,

I know exactly what it feels like. I may not have gone through exactly what you have but I know what you're feeling. You're feeling hopeless, lost, broken, confused, like the entire world is out to get you and somehow falling apart all at the same time. You can't see the light anymore because you're just drowning in everything bad around you.

I get it. I've been there far more times than I care to count. I know how awful it is.

But you have to keep going.

Think of your mother- Maybe you're close, maybe you're not, maybe she's passed on, or maybe you don't know who she is. But you're her baby. She brought you into this world full of hope for you and I can guarantee when they asked what she wanted, she said, "A healthy baby. We don't care about gender."

Think of your father- Maybe he wasn't around, maybe he wasn't the nicest guy, or maybe he was absolutely wonderful. You're his baby too. You will never fully grow up to him. You're the one to carry on his family and his legacy...or maybe become his legacy.

Think of your children- They will never be able to replace you. They are your babies, they are your legacy. When they think of you, do you want them to think of the strong parent who fought against all odds to give them a happy home? Or do you want to think of you in heartbreak and agony because you're not there anymore?

Think of your friends- Maybe you only have one or maybe you have a hundred. Maybe you talk daily or maybe you've lost touch. Friends are in your life by choice. Friends are a second family, a chosen family, because you chose them and they chose you. Against all the odds, all the people on the planet, you made it into each other's lives and chose to stay.

Think of your pets- Nobody will ever be able to explain to them why you aren't there if you choose to leave them. They are defenseless without you and love you unconditionally.

Think of me- I will never judge you. I will never betray you. I will love you unconditionally, uncontrollably, and without reserve. I've chosen you to be in my family because I love you. Even if I don't know you and we've never spoken, I welcome you in and I love you. Please don't leave me. 

Love, 
The person you can always turn to

10 comments:

  1. This post is so beautifully written and full of love, blog child.

    Love,
    Blog Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful that no matter how bad things ever get, I'm not drawn toward S. Sure, it's gotten bad enough that I've wished I weren't around, but I don't have the impulses to end it all. And I've always come out the other side, to a better situation.

    There really ARE too many that my life has touched, who would grieve horrendously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God you realize that, because so many people don't. At times, I am one of those people, and I'm so happy you know how loved you are.

      Delete
    2. Well, hopefully, YOU know how loved YOU are. <3

      Delete