Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Rainbows

I've had a lot of storms the last few months...or years. I've lost some friends, and worse, I've buried them. I've lost some family, and worse, I've buried them too.

I've lost my sanity and felt it come back just long enough to be a normal, functioning human being again. Only for my mental health to do a complete 180 and send me info a spiraling anxiety filled depressive episode with no end in sight.

But nothing lasts forever. 

The people I walked away from were toxic in my life and left me with no other alternative. I have to do what is best for me, because how can I do what's best for everyone else if I'm falling apart?

The people I've buried are looking down at me from Heaven, or I would like to believe so, and I would like to believe I will meet them again one day.

My mental health is ever changing and that's just something I have to live with. I'm the only one capable of dealing with my own mental health so I have to step up to the plate and fucking do it. I refuse to let it keep me down, no matter how many times it tries.

After every storm, comes a rainbow. We just have to wait through the thunder and wind to be able to see it.

 
 

Today's positive thought: This is the first rainbow I've seen since moving to Arizona and I like to think it's a sign of hope.

12 comments:

  1. Now I have Barry Manilow singing in my head:

    I made it through the rain,
    I kept my world protected.
    I made it through the rain,
    I kept my point of view.

    I made it through the rain,
    and found myself respected
    by the others, who
    got rained on, too,
    and made it through!

    I'm sure you're too young for that earworm. It's a good one; fitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I needed after today. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. That's a great photo. I don't think I've seen a rainbow since I moved to Florida, seven and a half years ago. Thank you for sharing your rainbow.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's much too long without seeing a rainbow!

      Love,
      Rachel

      Delete
  3. We could all use a rainbow somedays. I'd love a rainbow tomorrow, instead of freezing cold. Count yourself blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rainbows and liked these photos of rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainbows & waterfalls are two of nature's most beautiful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% agree. Rainbows over waterfalls are incredible.

      Delete
  6. Good for you. I know how hard it is to end toxic friendships, especially when you want to "save" them. But you can't save everyone, especially if they're pulling you down with them. That's why we don't have a lot of friends outside of each other. Truly good people are seemingly hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. Hang on to the good people you find, but get rid of the bad.

      Delete